Valve’s latest foray into the hardware market, the Steam Deck, has taken the top spot on Steam for the first time.
The handheld console debuted in late February but was led by Elden Ring – which launched on the same day – and more recently by LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga.
The former moved up one spot to second while the latter fell two places from No. 1 to third week after week.
Rare’s Sea of Thieves takes fifth place, moving up three spots from last week’s No. 8, while Valve’s Index VR kit moved up one position to No. 6. Call of Duty : Black Ops III makes a surprise return to the Top Ten thanks to a 67% price reduction.
Hello Games’ No Man’s Sky returns to the Top Ten in eighth place thanks not only to a brand new update, Outlaws, and a 50% price cut. Meanwhile, in-game currency crown packs for The Elder Scrolls Online came in at ninth place, ahead of Dread Hunger, which fell one spot to #10.
Here is the Steam Top Ten for the week ending April 16:
1. Steam platform, valve
2. Elden Ring, Bandai Namco
3. LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga, Warner Bros.
5. Sea of Thieves, Xbox Game Studios
6. Valve Index VR Kit, Valve
7. Call of Duty: Black Ops III, Activision
8. No Man’s Sky, Hello Games
9. The Elder Scrolls Online – Crown Packs, Bethesda
10. Dread Hunger, Digital Confectioners